Thursday 6 November 2014

Star Wars Star Destroyer

Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer in Maya 2015

Above is the star destroyer that I created in Maya and the following steps will show how i managed to create a low poly star destroyer.

To get the basic shape I created a prism using the prism tool and then used the vertex selection to drag the points out to match the reference image of the star destroyer that I was using.

I then moved onto creating the back of the model by starting on the engines of the ship this was achieved very easily by using sub divisions on the cuboid too land using the vertex selector to drag them to the points that matched up on the blueprint that I was using. After this I created the actual engines to be mounted on the back part of the ship this was achieved using the cylinder tool and just simply dragging them to to correct size.

The hull of the Star destroyer was easy to complete as I just used the cube tool to drag them out to match the blueprint and then used the boolean tool "Union" to merge them all together.

I then started on the body and this was achieved by using the cube tool and using the subdivision to drag out to match the reference image.


No comments:

Post a Comment